“Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad, made someone feel glad? If not I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burdens been lighter today, because I was willing to share? Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way? When they needed my help was I there?
Then wake up, and do something more than dream of your mansions above. Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love.
There are chances for work all around just now, opportunities right in our way. Do not let them pass by saying, “sometime I’ll try,” but go and do something today.
Then wake up, and do something more than dream of your mansions above. Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love.”
After praying and pondering long and hard, this is a peek into my 2013 resolutions.
1. Pray for an opportunity to serve someone everyday.
- Start by serving the people that are closest to me, because they are the ones who deserve it the most. Make serving them a natural habit.
- Be specific about who I want to serve and how I feel I can best help them.
- NEVER pass up an opportunity to serve someone.
2. This is the year of financial success and control!
- I recently got promoted at work which means I can have the freedom to really learn about "adult," finances.
- Learn the value of money, budgeting, saving and smart spending.
3. Build so much confidence in the Lord that I can't help but feel confident in myself.
- Pray everyday for me to feel confident in the Lord.
- Pray to feel the confidence that HE has in ME.
- Even if there are days when I don't feel confident in myself, learn how to really fake it til I make it.
4. Be as social as I can, meet as many new people as I can and date as much as I can.
(this is me being super vulnerable which is a big deal for me.)
- I feel like that I'm genuinely ready for the next chapter in my life and it all begins with dating.. That's why #3 is SO very important for me this year!
Here's to making commitments to myself and to my Heavenly Father to become all that He has intended me to be. I'm so excited to see what 2013 has in store, and I hope you all feel the same excitement that I do! Cheers!!!