Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Naturally curly hair tips!

So I have naturally curly hair. VERY curly hair I should say haha. My amazing sister-in-law, Lisa Morgan, is the absolute best hair stylist around ( I may be a little biast... but she really is basically perfect!) and she gave me some amazing tips for my curls. Not only that, but my hair has grown a TON since I've been applying these pointers she gave me, so I thought I'd share her brillance with you peeps. :)

* Take prenatal vitamins. It's not only good for your hair, but for your skin too. Plus it has the same components as a multi-vitamin, so take a prenatal in place of that. (I've also found that prenatal's don't make me as sick as multi's too...)

* Don't wash your hair as much! I wash my hair at MOST 3 times a week. It's usually twice. And I only use shampoo on my whole hair one of those times because my hair gets chlorine in it once a week. Other than that, I ONLY use conditioner the rest of the time. Be brave and try it!

 * After you get out of the shower, don't use a brush of any kind. Use only your fingers to LIGHTLY part your hair and comb through it. This will help keep your curls in-tact and make them more defined and less frizzy.

* Don't use a towel to dry your hair, use an old t-shirt! Gently ring the water out, part and comb your hair with your fingers, then use the t-shirt to scrunch/ dry your hair. Especially scrunching the roots to get as much volume as possible. The t-shirt almost eliminates all the frizz, but try not to use a 100% cotton shirt.

* When your hair is drying, get 4-5 bear claw clips and section your hair off at the very crown of your head. Start from the bottom and scrunch your hair up into the clip and clip it at the very root of your head and then let your hair air dry. This helps with the volume and helps define the curls.


All of these tips have worked wonders on my hair and I hope they'll do the same for yours!

xoxo,
Alliecat

No comments:

Post a Comment