Monday, September 27, 2010

Love.


Recently the principle of love has been re-emphasized heavily in my life. Loving others, being patient with others, being understanding and having sympathy and compassion for others. My dad is the most patient, loving, calm, laid-back, controlled and relaxed person I know, without a doubt. My mom is the perfect mom for me. She is also so loving, kind, selfless, nurturing, tender and caring. But my mom is also a very strong, hard working, driven, tough lil' fire cracker at the same time! The older I've gotten, the more I've become my dad, but I still have a lot of my mom in me as well. When I say my mom is "tough," this is what I mean. When I was 12, I broke my tailbone in a basketball game. My mom didn't see the incident happen, so she thought that nothing was wrong with me and that I was just complaining. After a year of complaining multiple times a day that my back really was hurting, she finally took me to the doctor. Come to find out, I did indeed break my tailbone which led to me having scoliosis which led to me having 4 surgeries on my legs/hips.... that's what I mean when I say she's tough :) Don't get me wrong, because my mom is my angel, really. She's just very practical. This is a trait I have definitely acquired from my mom. Having this trait can be a great thing and a bad thing. It's good because I can mentally tough my way out of just about anything physical, but it's a bad thing because I have a hard time feeling sympathy for others who can't.
But I'm not just talking about physical stuff, I'm talking about other aspects of life as well. I have a hard time putting myself in others shoes. I have a hard time understanding other people's thoughts and actions based on the trials they are going through. Make sense?
As I've been striving to turn this weakness of mine into a strength, my eyes have truly been opened! I can honestly feel how much the Savior loves each of us individually and perfectly. HE understands what it feels like to be in your shoes. He made the shoes for you and then wore them for you before you did. He wants you to have the most comfortable pair of shoes that are perfect for YOU! He "broke them in," worked out all the kinks and made them perfect for YOU so that you wouldn't have to do the tough stuff.
The only way I can describe the love I feel for people right now is like a motherly-ish love. Looking at someone and feeling so proud, humble, protective and thankful for that person.
I am not a perfect person. Not even close, obviously. I've just been working so hard to love others with no judgements or pre-conceived notions, and it really is working! If you have a weakness that you want turned into a strength, give it to the Lord, and He will work magic on you :)
The Lord loves you more than you know. I say this because I honestly feel it. If you ever doubt it, just pray to feel His love for you, and you WILL feel it!
Xoxo,
Alliecat

No comments:

Post a Comment