Monday, March 5, 2012

RaNdOmS

1. Last month was hands down the busiest month of. My. Life. That's why I've been MIA.

2. I got hired to be an EFY counselor this summer!!! YAY!! I can't even tell you how STOKED I am! Right when I got the e-mail, I immediately knew that it's the right thing for me to be doing this summer. Provo EFY, here I come!!


3. So LDC got to sing in a devotional for Alex Boye on Friday and it was probably my favorite Friday Noon Devotional I've been to. The song we sang is called "I Will Rise," and it has been the most impactful song of my life. When we first got it in January, it was the only song I listened to for like 3 weeks straight. I'll try to post it sometime, because I KNOW it will become one of your favorites too.

Me singing the "I Will Rise," solo.




5. I had the wonderful opportunity to host the Institute talent show again this year as well as plan the whole entire thing. It was soooo fun and incredbily stressful and busy haha. I hosted with my phenomenal co-chair, Mark, for institute council (we're over the music committee which means that we're over all 3 of the choirs at the institute and we're both in LDC) and he is just amazing. He is easily in the top 5 best guys I have ever met, and we had so much fun planning and hosting it together! Pics to come soon!

6. I can't believe I only have 2 more months left of LDC..... Deciding to audition for LDC over 3 years ago was the best decision I have yet to make in my life, and this choir and the people in it have changed my life for the better in every way. Shoot, now I'm starting to cry haha. Words cannot begin to express how much I love my LDC family. We spend like every waking hour together because we just can't get enough of eachother! ( that would explain why I've been averaging 5 hours of sleep EVERY night this whole semester :/ haha. But they are sooo worth it!)

This night. Easily top 3 times I've laughed the very hardest in my whole entire life!

Spring retreat in February! Last retreat :( Yes, I'm dressed like a pioneer at Classic Skating.....

Singing at a rest home on retreat. Love singing to these little cuties!


The whole gang! My LDC family!



Life has literally never been better. :) And I promise to strive to be more consistent with this blog thing! Hahaha. Expect some healthy recepies on a college student's budget soon!

xoxo,
Alliecat

5 comments:

  1. EFY counselor, officially the best job ever! And the Alex Boye commercial was definitely pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your life is wonderful.
    alex boye is in my ward and we get starstruck EVERY sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT??? Congrats on EFY!!! I don't think I can think of a better place for you! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) allie you are going o be the bestest efy counselor ever! You are perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited you get to be in EFY counselor! That will be so much fun! I loved my EFY counselor when I went. I'm glad you're having such a great time in LDC. Music is the BEST and I'm happy you are having wonderful, spiritual experiences!

    ReplyDelete