Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 13

Day 13: A picture of your favorite band or artist.

If you haven't already noticed, I'm not very good at narrowing things down. Especially when it comes to music! Music is such a huge part of my life...

#1 favorite band- Snow Patrol

They just get it. They keep getting better and better too which means they'll keep producing delicious music for me. :)


# 2 Jimmy Eat World

The epidemy of a solid alternative rock band.



# 3- Sara Barellis

She. Is. A. Genius.


# 4- Mindy Gledhill

If you haven't heard of her, then it's about time that you have! I've been listening to her for years now and just like a true musician, she keeps getting better and better. Her latest album, Anchor, is just phenomenal and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. She's an LDS artist, but Anchor is not a church CD. It has an Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Sara Bariellis feel to it. Her music is just so happy and uplifting that you can't help but be in a good mood after listening to it!


# 5- Coldplay
Their music is nothing short of inspiring. They sometimes leave me speechless.


Dang, that was hard to just pick 5! I love music more than I can say and I believe it has such a bigger impact on us than we may realize at times. The world today is getting so crazy and it's sad to see that something as beautiful and powerful as music has been turned into one of satans greatest tools to drive people away from Christ. I am a rocker girl through and through, however,the radio and rock music can be very trashy most of the time so I try to steer clear of the radio and degrading rock music and try my best to only listen to happy and uplifting music. Try it for a week! Try only listening to good, clean, uplifting music and see what it does for your spirit! Even better, try just listening to church music or instrumental and THEN see what you feel like after a week.... it's one of the best, most refreshing feelings I can think of :)

Whoa, sorry to get so deep on you.... calm down Al, it's just a blog post.... I apologize. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment